Picture by me
I have always hated my lips because they’re too too too thin. So as a teenager, when all my friends started to wear make up I decided that mother nature did not make me to wear anything coloured on my lips and I have always stayed true to myself since. But everything (luckily) changes and lately I have decided I have been quite stupid to think that way, so I am slowly and shyly embracing and rediscovering my thin lips and lipsticks.
– My very first move has been wearing a coloured lip balm: I have Maybelline’s Baby Lips in Cherry Me and Peach Kiss and I love them both! They really color the lips in a very natural way and they also make the lips super soft – what’s not to love? Highly recommended!
– Clinique Chubby Sticks have been a great discovery for me: they are amazing! I have many colours (see below for some details) and they are all super flattering for thin lips. And they of course leave your lips soft and smooth. Plus they are so easy so wear! And that’s important because if you have very thin lips and you put your lipstick on without the help of a mirror you will surely end up smudging it – no good. So, thumbs up for Clinique’s Chubby Sticks!
– Chanel lipgloss is my classic. Not sticky at all, super shiny so very summer appropriate. The color is quite subtle, it gives volume and it stays long. Plus, there’s always something chic in taking a Chanel piece of make up from the bag and wearing it (ok please consider that I would buy everything Chanel just for the package)
– One day I decided I wanted to treat myself so I bought these Yves Saint Laurent‘s beauty: I was almost intimidated the very first time I wore them but then in a second it was true love. They’re both superb! They’re terrific! And I would never stop suggesting to buy them. The two lipsticks are a little bit different, in fact the nude color covers a little bit more (but without reducing lip volume) and the reddish one is a sort of mixture between a lipstick and a gloss (so it adds some volume). Last but not least: they stay on your lips for a very long time.
– I know it may sound a little bit out of context but I would also like to mention that my favorite lip balm (the old-classic transparent one) is from Biotherm. For this one I will only say that it makes wonders for the lips. It’s a true must have.
Pictured clockwise:– Biotherm lipbalm makes my lips super smooth, nothing compares to it! – Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Cherry Red (left) and Peach Kiss (right) – Clinique Chubby Stick: I have them in : Super Strawberry (my fave!), Two Ton Tomato (a natural and healthy red, not pictured), Whole Lotta Honey, Mega Melon, Woppin’ Watermelon – Chanel Levres Scintillantes in 178 Sonate – Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine in 9 Nude in Private and Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy in 6 Luscious Cherry
Which are your favorite lipsticks and lip glosses? And if you have thin lips which products do you use? Please share on the comments below!