One of the most challenging things is to go hunting for things that open my eyes to beauty. Feeling uninspired, stupid and tired is never the best option, but it often happens to me, especially in this particular year that is full of many “firsts”. Of course I know I am quite the anxious and nervous girl looking for the impossible perfection so I do my very best to make that feeling as temporary as possible. Here are the things I rely on when I need to lift my spirit up:
- Have a walk, because nothing feels better than intoxicating yourself with fresh air. There’s no need to be all dress up, just comfy shoes!
- Watch TED, because whenever I’m feeling down what I need is to be supported, so great ideas and interesting points of view always do the trick, for me. Also, surrounding myself with creative and inspirational people does wonders because they really do boost the improvement of my mood.
- Taking pictures, possibly solo. This is new to me, a recent discovery: taking pictures in fact forces me to look at things in a less superficial way so I must be quite concentrated to do so. Also, seeing things in a different light helps me getting rid of frivolous elements so that everything becomes simple and crystal clear – and relaxing.
- Taking my time to do the smallest things I love to do. Although this is probably what I miss the most since when I started a brand new working life. Littlest things mean the most: I remember I used to have little walks while commuting back home, or I simply enjoyed window shopping, other times I sat beneath the skyscrapers watching people and imaging things, I also loved to spend some time in the library. I didn’t necessary had to spend hours doing those things, few minutes were enough for my simple daily rite.
- My sister introduced me to lavender oil and since then I have been using it because not only it smells fantastic but it truly is a natural magic potion whenever I’m feeling sad, anxious or stressed.
- I listen to music or I play music. The Beatles are my fave and most precious cure against anxiety. To remember how great they are and how hard they worked to achieve such incredible success gives me enough energy to look at my failures with a different perspective.
- Should someone have a favorite pleasure in life, mine is going to exhibitions and to concerts because you get lost into art in the most natural and beautiful way and you are carried in a world of perfection.
Pictures by me